At Hey Jo, we believe in waking up and working out. We find that it’s the best way to start the day as it kickstarts the metabolism and leaves you feeling motivated and energised all day long.
We, however, fully understand that this is a lot easier said than done. When it is grey and dreary outside leaving the comfort of your cosy bed is a big struggle. Trust us, we’ve been there.
We do however have a few tricks and tips to make the whole, waking up process a lot easier. We hope they hope you as much as they’ve helped us. And remember the hardest part is getting out of bed, once you’ve done that the hard work is done, well almost…
- Place your alarm on the other side of your room. This means you’ll have to get out of bed to turn it off.
- Plan and prepare a kick ass workout outfit the night before. We may be a little bias, but we always find Hey Jo leggings are a great place to start. The vibrant colours make any morning and workout a heck of a lot more fun.
- Organise to meet a friend at your workout. You’re hardly going to ditch your friend are you now.
- Try that new class you’ve always wanted to try. Most gyms have great introductory offers, so use them.
- Have a delicious smoothie in the fridge. Nothing will lure you to the kitchen and out the door quite like the a scrumptious smoothie.
Words: Victoria Drysdale